Monday, 24 July 2017

Ice Cream & Flowers


Two weeks ago I moved up to the Highlands to start my new job at a friends B&B.  Although the past two weeks have been busy, they've been fulfilling and I've been enjoying a different summer from what I've been used to.  There have been so many things that have made me smile over the past few weeks, so I thought I would share some of them with you. 


Ice Cream. 
I love ice cream.  So much.  Sometimes I get a little worried about how much I love ice cream. But then I remember how yummy it is and I forget how bad it is for me.  I have had so much ice cream these past two weeks, and I've found a lovely little ice cream shop on the Isle of Skye that I'll probably be visiting as often as I can. 


Road trips.
I love going for long drives.  A couple of friends and I drove to Skye to visit the Fairy Pools last week, and at the weekend we had a three hour drive down to Perth.  It was amazing to drive through incredible scenery and really appreciate what will be my home for the next few moths.  Also, on our drive to Perth we listened to a couple of sermons together which is something I don't do enough, it was really lovely. 


Sunshine. 
This past week has been so beautiful weather-wise.  The sun has been shining and I've been able to spend some time outside and enjoy this little bit of British summer.  The weather has a big affect on my mood, so the sunshine has resulted in a lot of general happiness for me. 


Growth in my faith. 
I was quite worried about moving up north a couple of weeks ago.  Although I knew I was going to be staying with a wonderful family, I was worried about fitting in with the community and adjusting to a different job.  But God has been showing me that He plants us with purpose.  He moves us so that we can grow and flourish in our faith, and although it is challenging, He has been working in and disciplining my heart in unexpected and inspiring ways. 


Holiday Club.
I had the blessing this past week of helping at the local church holiday club.  It was so wonderful to be able to serve God in this way.  I've never really thought that I'm good with young kids, but I found myself getting alongside them, learning their favourite colours, their favourite animals, and having excitement fill my heart when they remembered what they were learning about Jesus. Getting to work with an amazing team was so helpful and encouraging in what we did each day. 


Gardens & Flowers.
I absolutely love flowers.  I'm back at my parents for a little while and I love spending time in their garden, and this afternoon I went to the local garden centre with them.  I love all the beautiful colours and the delicacy and elegance of various flowers.


I'm looking forward to the rest of summer; a job that I'm really enjoying, hopefully some more sunshine, and learning what else God has to teach me.  What have you been enjoying about summer so far? 


Carolyn 
x

SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig