Thursday, 15 June 2017

Believing Truth | Bible Verse Card


At the end of April I arrived back from a work trip from Poland feeling pretty tired.  My heart was full from what God had taught me over the ten days I was there.  Although some of them were not easy lessons to learn, and are things that I'm still learning day by day.  God used people and a country I had not expected to impact me, to really show me that He should be the one I am always seeking.

When I arrived back home there was a letter waiting for me that I was very excited to open.  I had received a beautiful Bible verse card from Lydia of Believing Truth.  



When I first saw the verse card I was over the moon.  Psalm 150:6.  This is a verse that has always reminded me of the hymn How Great Thou Art.  I think that genuine worship and praise for our Lord Jesus is so important, especially when we're facing difficulties.  When we take the time to be with God and to be thankful for everything that He is and He's done for us, it can fill us with so much love and awe for Him.  To be fully focused on Him, with no distractions whilst being away from the busyness of life can be so rewarding and can be so uplifting in my faith. 

Having this card in my Bible has been a great little reminder to be continuously praising God in everything; what I say, my attitude, the way I treat others and my every day choices.  I have a choice to make, whether to face things pessimistically or with praise for my God. 

This verse says "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord".  Everything.  God gave us the breath in our lungs, it is because of Him that we are alive, it is only fitting that He gave us the ability to choose to praise Him.  Even in our very makeup and breathing we should be thankful to Him. 



It was so encouraging for me to arrive back from Poland and to have this waiting for me, and it has been a great encouragement for me to keep in my Bible.  If you would like to have your own then check out Lydia's etsy shop by clicking here and you can follow her on instagram by clicking here.


Carolyn
x

Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Bloglovin 


SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig