Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Peanut Butter & Sunshine



Last week my friend Alice was very excited about an unopened jar of peanut butter.  It was such a simple thing but it made her so happy to be the first person to use the jar.  Last year I started a happiness series on my blog called Gold In The Darkest Moments.  But like most other series I've attempted on my blog, it's slowly dwindled and I haven't written one of those posts in quite a while.  I want to share my every day happiness with you all without feeling the pressure to share something every week.  Instead, every so often I'll just write a post about what's been making me smile. 


So what has been making me happy recently?  Well, the fact that I'm sitting in my room and the sun is shining in my window makes me very happy.  It finally feels like spring here in the UK which means I'll probably be looking like a tomato pretty soon, no matter how much factor thirty I apply.  But I can happily deal with being a little sun burnt because the sunny weather makes me so happy; eating lunch outside, going for walks, and lighter evenings. 


I recently went to visit my sister and she took me to a wonderful café in Aberdeen called Cup.  Now, I don't drink tea but this place almost had me converted.  They have so many varieties of tea, gorgeously floral teapots, and some of the most amazing soup I have ever tasted.  It was so nice to catch up with my sister and talk about all the exciting things happening for our family this year. 



You may have seen from my instagram that on Monday I visited Scone Palace with my parents for the day.  It was so nice to spend some time with them and to explore the palace and the gardens.  The weather was gorgeous and we had my first picnic of the year which was wonderful. 

Tis the season for Innocent Smoothies, cooler drinks from Costa, and ice cream.  I absolutely love getting the ice drinks and smoothies from Costa and Starbucks, especially since I don't drink tea or coffee.  I'll also start making ice cream float drinks soon which always make me a little happily, nostalgic. 


What things have been making you happy recently?  It seems for me it's mostly the sunshine.  But I'd love to hear from you in the comments about what's been making you smile recently. 



Carolyn
x


SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig