Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Beach Days & Flowers


Springtime has been in full swing the past few days here in the UK.  This has meant a lot of lying on the grass during lunch breaks, evening beach trips, and plenty of sunscreen application for my pale skin.  May has been quite the busy month, I've been working most days each week and I've been making plans for some big changes I have coming up. 

But that doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed this month.  So I thought I would share with you some of the things that have been making me happy during May.


Beach trips, campfires & barbeques.
There have been a few times after work recently when we've driven to the beach, made a campfire, and had a barbeque.  Although I live and work with my friends, it's been lovely to spend some time together away from our workplace and home.  It was good to just relax and enjoy the beach together.


Writing.
I've been spending more time writing recently.  I'm trying to be more genuine and honest in my prayer journal, and I've also got back into taking notes when I go to church.  it feels good to be writing again.  Also, this gives a pretty good excuse to buy some more stationary. 


Fields of flowers. 
On the way back from one of our beach trips a few of us stopped at a rapeseed oil field.  The sun was just starting to set so we took some photos.  It was beautiful to be surrounded by so many flowers in such incredible sunlight. 


Coffee shops. 
There have also been some evenings off when we've had trips to coffee shops.  One of my favourites to visit regularly is Blend, their hot chocolate is wonderful and I would love to have a copy of their Victoria sponge recipe. 


My friends.
I've been spending a lot of time with my friends this month.  In the last couple of days I got to see a couple of my friends I haven't seen for a while because they've had exams.  It's been so nice to catch up with them and to just spend time with them.  I'm really fortunate to have some wonderful friends with beautiful hearts, it's a joy to know them and see them grow. 



What things have been making you happy recently?  It seems for me it's still the sunshine and as many evenings at the beach as I can have.  I'd love to hear from you in the comments about what's been making you smile recently. 



Carolyn
x



SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig