Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Gold In The Darkest Moments #9


The past few weeks have been very busy, between having a huge event at my work, my parents coming to visit and trying to get organised for going away at the end of the month, I feel like I haven't taken much time to appreciate things.  The last week has been quite up and down for me and internally I've struggled.  Also, it's February, when did that happen?   My brain is in quite the jumble, but I'm going to take some time to tell you about some of the things that have made me smile over the last week or so. 


1.  Stirling
I'm not usually one for spontaneity.  I like to be organised and plan out my time off.  So when myself and a friend randomly decided to leave within the next half hour to meet our friend in Stirling, I was very excited.  It was foggy and cold but I had such a wonderful afternoon. 
Stirling is a beautiful city and it was so nice to spend some quality time with two of my closest friends, and hot chocolate and cake at Ciscos Café made it even better. 


2.  Eating less sugar.
Besides the amazing Victoria Sponge pictured above, I've been making an effort to eat less sugar.  It's making my skin better and I'm feeling happier when I'm feeding my body food that is actually good for it.  Although there have been a quite a few grumpy moments where all I've wanted is a bar of chocolate, in the long run I know that cutting down on sugar is going to be a very good thing for me.


3.  Australia.
I can now officially say that I'm going to Australia this month!  This still doesn't feel real but there are little moments when I let myself get really excited and flick through my Sydney guidebook for a half hour. 


4.  Baking cupcakes.
Although baking is part of my job, it's still one of my biggest hobbies.  I shared a recipe in this post for my Nutella and Kinder Chocolate cupcakes.  They were so much fun to make and although I didn't try them myself, I was told they tasted pretty good. 


5.  Hot chocolate, hot chocolate, and some more hot chocolate.
Besides a herbal tea I drink for helping me to sleep, I don't drink tea or coffee.  So whenever someone suggests going for coffee I know that a caramel hot chocolate with cream is on the cards for me.  Also, hot chocolate is my exception to my "consume less sugar rule" so I will happily take marshmallows and creams with that as well please.


6.  Decorating my room.
I've finally gotten around to putting up my new postcards and fairy lights in my room, it's made it feel so cosy and homey. 


7.  Struggling in my faith.
I'll admit this is a strange thing to be sharing but I've been feeling so empty in my faith this week.  So why am I sharing it in my happiness post?  Because I feel that in this time of silence and frustration God is trying to teach something.  What He's trying to teach me is still a mystery to me, but I'm trying to listen to Him and make more time for Him.  I've found a lot of verses to help me this week even though I'm feeling spiritually empty, and I know that it won't last forever.  


Even though there have been some internally difficult times this past weeks, looking for the happier moments always makes me feel better and is challenging me to do it throughout my day, not just at the end of a week.  Let me know in the comments about some of the things that have made you smile this week, I'd love to hear from you. 



Carolyn 
x



SHARE:
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig